I’ve got a pedometer, but came across this nifty upgrade, the Fitbit, that works in conjunction with Lose It.
Here are the key features, according to the Lose It website:
- Accurately tracks full day’s steps, distance and calories burned via 3-D motion sensor
- Compact and low-profile enough to wear all day in your pocket, on waist or on undergarments
- Can even measure how long and how well you sleep!
- Includes free access to Fitbit.com and new mobile apps for on-the-go access & feedback.
- Automatically updates your Lose It! calorie budget based upon your tracked activity level.
This may be TMI, but I’m always afraid that as I undo my pants to go to the bathroom that I’ll knock the pedometer into the toilet. Apparently, the Fitbit can be clipped to your bra, which seems like a more stable place to keep it.
How cool would it be to get data on how you are sleeping?!?! I am very convinced that sleeping better means better weight loss. I know that scientific studies say that, but I’ve actually experienced it, which reinforces the point for me.
I like the idea, too, of getting credit for the little bits of motion and exercise that you do around the house.
Does anyone have any experience with this?